The types of personal information collected and held by Amos Industries will vary depending on your dealings with us.
This information may include any or all of the following:
- name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- associated company name(s), position, occupation and other business details;
- electronic address(es);
- bank account details;
- credit card details; and
- transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits.
Other than the information required by our third party payment systems you do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to complete a transaction you have entered into, finalise payment of a product or service you have ordered, make delivery of a product you have ordered, grant credit terms, validate your entry in a promotion, or otherwise provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
Generally, Amos Industries collects personal information directly from you, such as:
- when you personally submit information through our website;
- in person;
- when you apply for credit terms;
- when you enter into a promotion conducted by us or a third party;
- when you complete a survey;
- in the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit; or
- when you have other dealings with us.
Amos Industries will collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain your relationship with us, including in some cases disclosing your name and address (as required by law, such as to government authorities and agencies) and providing you with information necessary to allow you to remain in contact with Amos Industries;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from us and keep a record of them; to provide credit to you, which may include disclosures to credit reporting agencies or bodies;
- to answer any inquiry you make;
- to register you for events or promotions; or
- to assist us to make our services and products more valuable or useful to you.
Amos Industries may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested or are interested in, such as:
- manufacturers and suppliers; couriers and delivery contractors;
- marketing consultants and promotions companies; website hosts; and
- consultants and professional advisers.
Amos Industries, and third parties who provide services to us, may also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you. The direct marketing may relate to:
- our products and services;
- promotions run by us; or
- to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving this direct marketing from Amos Industries or third parties through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
Amos Industries stores personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In doing so, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally Amos Industries takes reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, other than where Amos Industries uses secure socket layer technology (SSL) to ensure information (such as credit card information) is securely transmitted and processed, Amos Industries cannot and does not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Amos Industries will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact us by email.
At your request, Amos Industries will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on our website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance.
Amos Industries will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.